WhatsApp Search the Web Feature Rolled Out; Here’s How It Works
Recently WhatsApp released a new search the web feature which allows users to find the misinformation is being shared in the chats and groups. Users can now directly search those forwarded messages which seem to be misleading and wrong. Previously this feature was available for beat users but now it has been rolled out for all the users in many countries.
In this feature, there is a little magnifying glass icon next to the message which has been forwarded many times. This little magnifying glass icon will available to those messages which seem suspicious.
WhatsApp Search the Web Feature
Follow the following steps to search fake news on WhatsApp
- First, the user has to update their WhatsApp from Google Play store (Ignore if already done)
- After that, go to the chat or group which has that forwarded news
- Now tap on little magnifying glass icon next to the message
- Then it will ask the user to search that on the web, simply tap on the Search Web
- Finally, it will take the user to the google search page about that forwarded message
Now on the google search page, user can easily find if the forwarded message is fake news or not by reading a few articles that are related to that message. This is a great feature because most fake news and rumours get viral on WhatsApp very quickly as compared to other social media platform
This Search the Web feature has rolled out in the WhatsApp version number 18.104.22.168 in countries like Ireland, Mexico, Italy, Brazil, The UK, Spain and The US.
If you WhatsApp is updated to this version, then you will be able to use this feature on your smartphone.
I think that I have covered almost everything. if you’ve got any doubts or queries feel free to let me know in the comment section.
I’ve put so much effort into the making this, so I want everybody to share it on Social Media.