Move Your WhatsApp Group Chats to Signal Messenger
Two separate channels include Signal and WhatsApp. There is no direct way to import the groups or group chats to Signal from WhatsApp. We do, however, have a fast solution by which you can make other people turn in a hassle-free manner to your group on Signal.
This can be achieved by forming a new Signal group, receiving a connection to the shareable group invite, and posting the same on your WhatsApp groups. Then, individuals will join the Signal group without having to manually invite them one by one.
Step 1- Create a New Group on Signal
- On your phone, open Signal Private Messenger (Android/ iOS).
- In the lower right corner, press the Pen button.
- Now, press the New Group option.
- You’ll have to add at least one contact from the network to create a group on Signal Application.
- If required, give your group a name and a group photo.
Step 2- Get the Invite Link
- Once the group chat is formed, open it.
- Now, in the end, tap the name of the group.
- Next, Tap on Group link on the next screen.
- Finally, turn ON the shareable group link
Step 3- Share the Invite Link to WhatsApp Group
- Click on Sharing once you get the group link.
- To copy the group link to your keyboard, click on Copy.
- Now, open WhatsApp and give your WhatsApp group a link.
The link to your WhatsApp group can also be exchanged directly using the ‘Share’ option in Signal. Click Share > Share > Tap WhatsApp > Pick WhatsApp Group to do so.
In order to reach your group on Signal, people from your old WhatsApp groups will now tap the link. If you choose to accept new members joining the group link manually, you can always toggle on “Approve new members.”
You may also customize who may join new members, all members or just administrators. Group chats too have disappearing texts, similar to one-on-one chats.
Signal Group Limits
Signal has a maximum of 1000 participants in a group, more than the cap of 256 individuals for WhatsApp. And so, on WhatsApp, you can combine individuals from different groups into one group on Signal.
Group voice and video calls have now also been introduced by Signal, enabling up to 8 members on iOS, Android, and desktop at a time.
This was all about how you can move your WhatsApp group chats to Signal Private Messenger. This is not a full-proof system for moving chats for apparent motives. For anyone looking to make a transition from WhatsApp to Signal, though, it is still useful.
I think that I have covered almost everything. if you’ve got any doubts or queries feel free to let me know in the comment section.
I’ve put so much effort into the making this, so I want everybody to share it on Social Media.