How to Find Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10/8/7?
It is annoying when you forget your Wi-Fi password because all your laptop or smartphones are already connected or signed in. So, in this situation when you have to add a new device, you have to first reset the Wi-Fi router and again set the new password. But now we have a very simple trick to find the Wi-Fi password in windows 10.
Well, this trick will work only on Windows 10 PC or laptop so make sure that your device has windows 10 installed on it and it is connected to the router.
Note: This trick may not work on macOS
There are two different ways to Find Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10, so let’s check out both the ways.
Method 1: Control Panel
- Open Control Panel by searching it in the start menu.
- Then go to Network and Sharing Centre
- After that click on Change Adapter Settings from the left panel menu
- Now, double click your Wi-Fi Network adapter. A properties window will popup.
- Then go to the Security tab
- Click on Show characters next to the password field
- Finally, the password will be revealed in the password field
Method 2: Command Prompt (cmd)
- Open start menu and type cmd, then open the Command Prompt from result Or press Win+R, type “cmd” and hit enter button
- After that, a Command Prompt pops up. Now execute the following command “netsh wlan show profile name=”WiFi Profile Name”, Where Wi-Fi Profile name is your Wi-Fi network name
- Finally, Your password will appear in the Key Content field
This is the ways by which you can Find Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10. But make sure that your PC or Laptop is at least once connected to that network.
I think that I have covered almost everything. if you’ve got any doubts or queries feel free to let me know in the comment section.
I’ve put so much effort into the making this, so I want everybody to share it on Social Media.