COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Begins; How to Register For Free Corona Vaccination in India
The Coronavirus pandemic had put the whole world into a standstill with lockdown everywhere. People were locked in their houses in fear. It had been a year since everyone was waiting for either a cure or a vaccination to destroy COVID-19.
Now India has come up with its own two COVID-19 vaccines. The two COVID-19 vaccines by India namely are Covishield and Covaxin. Everyone is eagerly waiting for their turn to get vaccinated.
But what most of us is not aware of is the fact to get a vaccination you will have to register for it. The Government of India has enabled free registration for people for COVID-19 vaccination.
How to register free for corona vaccination in India
The 2nd phase of COVID-19 vaccination aims to cover over 10 crore people in India. You can register yourself on the government’s Co-Win portal for free to get the vaccination.
You can register yourself on the Co-Win portal introduced by the Government of India. This platform is used by the Government of India to manage the whole COVID-19 vaccination drive.
- You can register through the Arogya setu app or visit the nearest Seva Kendra for registration.
- Please don’t get confused as there is an app in the play store with the name CoWin which is not for the people. It is designed for the authorities only.
- The covid-19 registration module has four parts Registration, choose the vaccination centre, schedule the date and reschedule the date.
How to Register for Covid vaccine?
Here we have step by step guide for you on how to register online for free for corona vaccination in India.
- Visit CoWin official website – cowin.gov.in
- Now you will be asked to enter your location.
- After you have selected your location click on “Register Yourself”
- Now you will be asked to enter a valid mobile number.
- Make sure the mobile number is currently working to receive the OTP
- After entering the mobile number click on “Get OTP”
- Now you will receive an OTP on your number.
- Enter the OTP and click on “Verify” to verify your mobile number.
- Now the actual “Registration of Vaccination” page will open.
- In this form, you will be asked to fill in your name, ID number, Photo ID proof, Gender and Year of Birth.
- Citizens between the age of 45-59 and above 60 will have to click on “YES” or “No” for co-morbidities.
- If you are in this age group you will have to fill this option and carry a co-morbidity certificate at the time of vaccination as well.
- When you have filled in all the details carefully, click on the “Register” button at the bottom of the page.
- Now go to the Account Details page to schedule your vaccination date.
- On the Account Details Page click on the calendar icon.
- You will find the calendar icon on the right corner side against the name of the individual.
- Select your preferred date and click on “OK”.
Please note that you can also add more people to your account by click on the “Add More” option on the Accounts Details page.
Can you reschedule the appointment?
There is also an option to reschedule your vaccination date. You can do so through the Accounts details page. Also, you can delete or add more people anytime.
Do not forget to carry your appointment confirmation letter on the day of vaccination.
The co-morbidity certificate for people in the age group of 45-59 and above 60 is a must. One must carry the certificate, only then he/she will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination. The format of that form which they need to have fill from a doctor is here.
I think that I have covered almost everything. if you’ve got any doubts or queries feel free to let me know in the comment section.
I’ve put so much effort into making this, so I want everybody to share it on Social Media.